Monday, January 7, 2013

Russian Christmas



Today is Russian Christmas. We get TWO Christmas' here :D So Merry 2nd Christmas everyone!




It's always good to hear from you guys and let you know how things are going. It's good to hear that Steven is in Vienna, Kyle's doing well, and Matt too. I'm glad we all get to be experiencing missionary work at the same time.

The secret to missionary work is WORK. Every day we walk and walk and talk and talk and knock and knock, but it's all worth it when we find. Finding is my FAVORITE part of being here. It's tough, it's exhausting, it's stressful, but all of that is nothing compared to when we find individuals/families in need of the gospel. It's a feeling only a missionary can experience.

New Year's was like a day back at home. All Moldovan missionaries came down to Chisinau, we went to the Hobbit (Don't worry! We weren't breaking the rules! My mission president said we could go see it), it was in Russian, so I really didn't understand all of it, but nonetheless it was way cool to see a movie in a theater! After the movie we pretty much ate a ton of junk food, went to Center, danced in a circle, listened to Romanian music, and watched a really cool firework show. We got home at around 12:30 that night, and got to 
sleep in till 8 the next morning. I'm pretty sure I have the best mission president ;) But of course, after those kinds of days are over, we get right back to work!

So there's this apartment that I see every day when I'm on the 22 bus heading to the church. So, one day, Elder Monroe and I decided to go "exploring", and find this cool-looking apartment. We found it, went to the top floor, and met 4 fathers just having a good time together. They talked to us, showed us some New Year's videos of them dancing, and they were very friendly to us. They even told us to come back the next day and talk some more! I could say it a million times: I LOVE THE PEOPLE HERE.



We have NO idea why our English class keeps coming back... We're not even teaching them English! We decided to start doing improv, and they love it. Now we just have to get to the next step... Teaching them the gospel. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes!

Elder Monroe and I are really trying to be 100% obedient because we know God is just waiting to bless us in our work. Thank goodness for an amazing companion. He has pushed me to be a much better missionary every single day.

I'm sorry that my emails aren't very long. I've never been the best email writer, but if there's one thing I always 
want you to know, it's that I love you, and I love the opportunity to be here. Thank you for being so supportive and encouraging in everything that I do.

-Elder Farnworth




No comments:

Post a Comment