Monday, September 30, 2013

Ooooookay. Missionary work, gotta love it!

Hello family!

To start off, I want you to WATCH THIS LINK:

.

.
Okay. Did you watch it? Thoughts? Did you see me and all the missionaries??? Pretty cool, huh?! Yes, the many hours of service that we put in at that kindergarten contributed towards this celebration of a newly built kitchen that was funded by the United States and the church. A senior missionary and Elder Adams were interviewed by the news while Elder Westover and I got to stand up at the front as representatives for the church. After the ribbon was cut, we got to watch the little kids do a Moldovan dance and sing. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen! Later, they invited us into a room to eat with the U.S. Ambassador for Moldova, the teachers, faculty, and organizations that helped build the kitchen. We danced in a circle, sang some Moldovan songs, and talked with everybody. It was great publicity for the church and it was the perfect opportunity to talk about what we're all about. This was an experience that I will never forget. 

The Kindergarten. Elder Kneib just getting done with his speech about what the church provided and how many hours of service the Elders gave (which was about 110+ hours)

Cultural Dance!

The next biggest thing was Russian transfers..... Elder Monroe gave me a call (since he's the other zone leader) and told me who is going where..... I will STILL be in Chisinau with Elder Lippert (he's from England) and Elder Westover is heading up to Balti to be with Elder Feil. I can't believe that I'm already parting ways with my "son" after only 6 weeks. I have no idea how much longer I'll be here, but once again, it's a good thing I love everything about Chisinau. October 3rd is my year mark in the country AND this city. 

Funny experience of the week: We were doing some survey contacting in a park in my old area and while we were talking to each other we noticed a guy in a speedo slowly walking towards us. I don't know about you, but that's just akward. He was about 15 feet away when he yelled out, "Is that the Book of Mormon?!" At first we were hesitant to approach him, but as missionaries it is our responsibility to talk to as many people as God puts in our path. So we talked to him. His name was Paul and he knew the previous branch president here because they were Jehovah's Witnesses together. It's a small world! He wanted a new copy of the Book of Mormon because he didn't know where his old copy was. He was really nice to us, wished us success, and told us to stop by the park anytime because he's always "working out."

Ooooookay. Missionary work, gotta love it!

As for Anya, we're still getting her ready for baptism. She cancelled a few lessons on us this week, but it's totally understandable when you're that age, and there are other things you'd rather be doing. We hope and pray that everything goes through smoothly. It will be different having a companion again who knows the language. I'm excited, but I'll miss working with Elder Westover. He'll do great in Balti! I think that's it for the week. Love you all and have a good week!

-Elder Farnworth

"Missionaries are full time teachers, and members are full time finders." - David A. Bednar


"You can teach only what you know. You can teach powerfully only what you have a testimony of." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment