Friday, July 27, 2012

Week 1

My wonderful family! I hope you're all doing well! P-day is finally here, and oh how nice of a break it was! I atteneded the temple this morning with my district and it was so peaceful. I'm always nervous that I'll see someone I know though! I can't believe a week has already passed. Just last week I was a new elder just getting to the MTC ready to start a new life, but now I "kind of" know Russian, and some more new Elders are getting here. "The days go by painfully slow, and the weeks go by fast." This past week has been the best week FOR my life though! You have all seen a picture of me and my companion, right? Well. Last Thursday, after being thrown into a new language (one of the most difficult ones to learn at the MTC) we had our branch welcomed by the presidency, who is full of great men of God, so right after that meeting I was told I was being transfered to a new district because an Elder in my room decided he was leaving the MTC that night. It was sad to see him go and leave my companion after the first day, but I love my new district AND my new companion! My new companions name is Elder Grover. He's from Orem and he's hilarious! The other two in my room are Elder Kennedy, and Elder Brooks. Great guys. Elder Grover has taken a semester of Russian, so he knows a lot more than the entire class. As far as learning the language goes, I can pray, bear my testimony, and kind of teach in Russian. IT'S HARD. But I'M preaching, and the Holy Ghost is teaching.
 
As of last Friday, I've sat in a room for 48 hours, and taught an investigator named Boris 4 times. My companion is amazing when it comes to teaching the gospel. The MTC makes me want to be better and better every day. A typical day here for me consists of  breakfast, study time, class, language study, lunch, gym (different time every day), TALL (more language study), dinner, "additional study time", class, more "additional study time", daily planning sessions, then I end my day unwinding and writing in my journal. 
 
The temperature here isn't too bad, but all the Elders in my room wouldn't mind a nice fan :) I have so many things to tell you, but my time is limited to 30 minutes... Thank you for the hidden letters, written letters, and emails! I love reading them, and I hope you're getting my written letters as well! My time here has been an emotional rollercoaster, but it's worth it. Even though I'm here for a LONG time (12 weeks), I look forward to my spiritual progression, and getting better at teaching in Russian! Hope you all know that I love you and that many blessings will come from Heavenly Father because He knows of the sacrafice these many missionaries and I are making. I have the best friends and family in the world. Your support is felt and I pray for everyone back home.
 
PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW TO SEND ME LETTERS, CAUSE I LOVE GETTING THEM! Love you guys! I'll email you next week.
 
- Elder Brian David Farnworth

 Brian and his New Companion - Elder Grover. Courtesy of Aunt Connie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment