Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book of Mormon Musical


Hello family! One week and five days till I'm on my way to Romania/Moldova to REALLY begin my mission!!!
 
First of all, we had the MOST AMAZING Fireside about the Book of Mormon on Sunday. It was incredible. The person who talked to us was W. Tracy Watson. I can't remember what his position was in the church, but to start off his talk he showed a clip from the Book of Mormon broadway musical. After the clip ended, he asked us all why we weren't laughing like they were. He then began to say, "This musical has made you Elders and Sisters look like robots, and the Book of Mormon like a joke." (Don't quote me on that, it's from what I can remember!) "The Book of Mormon is a well that has no bottom." It's a book that HAS changed lives, and WILL change lives. He also told us that we need to study it every single day, teach from it, help our investigators read it, believe it, and love it, and to also KNOW the book. I feel like I have SO much to improve upon, but thank goodness for 21 months I have ahead of me to learn and grow!
 
Being in the MTC has made me realize how important the temple really is, and I'm so sad that I didn't take advantage of the time I could've gone to the temple before my mission. It's a place where I feel so close to my Heavenly Father, and feel an overwhelming peace from the loads of stress from being a missionary. So I encourage you to go to the temple as often as you can!
 
I'm pretty sure I get my travel plans tomorrow, so if I do, I'll be sure to let Connie know :) Oh yeah! I can't remember if I told you this or not, but when we got our Russian nametags, my name was spelled Фарнзворт. Can any of you see the letter in there that shouldn't be...? This curse will forever be with this family! Anyway, everyone got a good laugh from it, and it should be getting back to me anytime without that "S". WIsh I had more stories to tell, but every week is the SAME...
 
To end this letter, I just wanted to say thank you so much to Dad, Bishop Belliston, and Chaconne and Jeremy for the care package, and cookies! The letters too! They were delicious and my companion loved sharing with me! I'm also so grateful for the support and love from you all, and I can definitely feel it every day.  Being a missionary is a completely different lifestyle, but every second is worth it.
 
"Every good thing has come from my mission. There is nothing more important than the participation in the salvation of a human soul." - Elder Holland.
 
I love you all and pray for you every day.
 
-Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment