Monday, September 9, 2013

Фарнворт! (Farnworth!)

Dear family of mine,

Not much to write about this week since I was in Bucharest from Tuesday to Friday for Mission Leadership Council, but there were still some really cool things that happened!

First of all I would like to praise my companion for the way he handled things while I was gone. Usually when I get back from exchanges or meetings, I usually like to ask my companions what happened while I was gone, and Elder Westover said that they taught some lessons and helped some of our investigators get some good progress towards baptism. I have a such a great companion!

On Saturday we were eating Lunch at our apartment, and suddenly our phone beeps. I checked the phone and saw a text from one of our investigators, "You wanted to meet my mom?" Well of course we do! So we hurried over to the church as fast as we could. There was an activity going on and we had the opportunity to talk to this investigator's mother and we really wanted to make a good first impression, and according to our investigator, WE DID! The next day at District Conference, this investigator told us that her Mom really liked us! First impressions are so important, especially as a missionary.

Speaking of District Conference, President and Sister Hill were here for it, and the theme for the conference was, "Why does God give us commandments?" There was a really powerful Spirit there and a handful of investigators came and sat by each other. At the end of the meeting, I got up to walk outside, and I heard someone saying, "Фарнворт! Фарнворт!" I look around and realize that it's Дима's girlfriend wanting to tell me that she wants to be baptized and be a missionary. I was really surprised (and very happy to hear this), and then she continued to ask, "What do I need to do before I get baptized?" Of course I could have told her the steps right then, but there were a ton of people around us talking, so I told her that on Tuesday we would meet up with her and Дима and talk about what she needs to do. Attending church and studying the Book of Mormon really are the most powerful tools in the conversion process of investigators. I've seen it many times on my mission. 

I've been thinking a lot about how lucky we are to have the gospel in our lives. I mean, look at all the blessings we have! A strong, happy, loving, supporting family, work, a way to be relieved from our mistakes and burdens, and a knowledge of what God has planned for each of us, and what we need to do to find peace and happiness in this life. Taking time to recognize and internalize these blessings is a blessing in and of itself. I love my Saviour, and I will be eternally grateful for the sacrifice he made for me. He lives and loves us. I know this! And I hope you all know that I love you. Have a good week!

-Elder Farnworth


 A really awesome license plate I randomly saw while we were walking around in Bucharest


The "Loveshack" (Elder Ward, me, Elder Hollist, and Elder Monroe) in front of Caru Cu Bere (A famous restaurant in Old Bucharest)
Waiting in the Bucharest Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment