Monday, September 16, 2013

TTIP

This week was a lot better than last week due to the fact that I didn't have to take 2, 12 hour train rides, and have an 8 hour meeting in Bucharest. However, it has been raining on and off recently, but Elder Westover and I had a lot of really cool spiritual experiences with our investigators this week! 

Once again, we have started another transfer, and as a zone leader, we get the opportunity to present goals to the zone. Basically, we are going to do a lot better with finding. Our mission president created two new "key indicators" that have to do with our time spent finding, and copies of the Book of Mormon handed out w/ TTIP (Teach Testify Invite Promise). "We are a finding and contacting mission." - President Hill. We're really excited to see how this all works out. It's really helping our companionship be more aware of the time we spend finding each day, and the effort we put into getting out and talking to people.

Here's some really exciting knew for you all: Elder Westover and I were able to set our first baptismal date together with Аня! This was the investigator who came up to me last Sunday and expressed her desire to be baptized and become a missionary. "There was not a time during that lesson where I didn't feel the Spirit." - My companion to me after we taught Аня about the steps she has to take to be baptized, and watched the Restoration video. I asked her what brought her to this point of wanting to be baptized, and she simply said, "I just woke up one morning and had a burning desire to be baptized." God really knows what he's doing! Ever since our first real missionary discussion she's been keeping all her commitments, praying every morning and night, coming to institute and church, and even bringing her friends along. She gave a Book of Mormon to her math teacher too! We have a lot of work to do to get her ready for her baptism over these next few weeks, but we're looking forward to it!

The Elders Quorum had an activity on Saturday and my companion and I got to go to a members house to help him cook the meat for the activity. When we got there, he basically said, "Well, I'll cook the meat, and you two can..... pick up all the walnuts." I don't know if any of you have every seen the Russian Squat, but just imagine us doing that while picking up a million walnuts. I wish I could've taken a picture, but I'll let your imaginations take care of that. The member we were with was a really funny guy, so we had a lot of good laughs while we were over at his house. The members here are so incredibly strong in the gospel, and I've gained such a strong love for every single one of them.

Well, I finished the New Testament for the first time in my life from beginning to end and I now I'm going to try and tackle the Old Testament... We'll see how that goes.... But I just want to leave you with my testimony of the power that the scriptures have. They have power to change lives, and teach us lessons that only can be taught when we are sincerely looking for enlightenment and answers. The Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God. Look to them and live. They testify of the divinity of Jesus Christ, and show us the way to eternal life. We are commanded by God to study from them, and that's because He knows what they can do for us.... and so do I! I love you all, and I hope you always make "time for family, time for work, time for study, time for yourself, and especially time for the Gospel of Jesus Christ." - L. Tom Perry. Have a great week!

-Elder Farnworth

Doing some forest contacting.... Actually, we just got lost looking for a potentials house.

Our English students brought a Black Lab to class. Look at those cute little eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment