Monday, March 3, 2014

"Don't avoid situations or people because your eyes don't see their potential."

Hmmmm. Well. This week was fantastic. First of all, I would like to inform you that after today I am no longer going to be serving with Elder Westover. We have served together for a total of around 4 months, and I'm gonna miss doing missionary work with him! He was one of my favorite companions. Dad, you'll be pretty excited for this news. My next companion is going to be Elder Streletskii. The native! He's going to help me a TON with my Russian, and we'll still be in Balti, so that's good for all of us. 

We started off the week with Zone Training Meeting and here's a quote that I wrote down from that meeting, "Don't avoid situations or people because your eyes don't see their potential." And that's exactly what we did with Nastia. We first met her on December 11th, 2013, taught her, worked with her, tried our best to answer her many questions, and helped her to reach her potential that our Heavenly Father saw in one of His special daughters. She realized that potential, did what we committed her to do, changed so many things in her life, and now she is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She now has a great testimony of the Book of Mormon, and an even better understanding of how important her Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement is. We couldn't have asked for a better baptism! A lot of people came to support her on this special day and I'm sure she will never forget it. Because I definitely won't. We were really blessed to be able to see everything from beginning to end, and what better way to end a companionship than with the baptism of someone we came to know and love so much. Our next step is getting her a calling (hopefully to teach the little ones in Primary.) She now has this new light about her and always has a smile on her face. And of course we couldn't have done this without the help of members and the spirit. And it looks like we'll be seeing more people make this step in the coming months!
Us and Nastia (and her little girl)
Everyone that came to her baptism

And last but not least, Elder Monroe will be going home this week. He has finished his 2 year calling as a worthy servant of the Lord and many of the Russian Elders and missionaries in this mission look up to him in many ways. I will never forget the 6 months we got to serve together and the many lessons that he has taught me. We're gonna miss him! And it's gonna be tough to say goodbye.

Saying goodbye to Elder Monroe in Balti.
As for me, I've almost moved everything to my new apartment and I'm ready to see more miracles this next transfer with a new companion. Thank you all for you prayers and emails. I hope you have a wonderful week. Love you!

-Elder Farnworth



No comments:

Post a Comment