Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ups and Downs of the MTC

As of Monday, I have 6 weeks left here at the MTC! The older districts have left, and we are now the only districts... until next Wednesday! That's when the new Russian speaking missionaries come in! Woohoo! I'm way excited for them. And just so everyone knows, I AM in the choir, but I will be leaving the MTC a week before conference. I know, I'm pretty bummed about it too. Anyway, both of our progressing investigators are preparing to get baptized, and Ct. Grover and I are really excited for them! Our techers decided to throw a curve ball at us though... We will now be teaching the other missionaries in our district as progressing investigators. My progressing investigators name is Dimitri, and he's an athiest. We got to plan them all out. It's pretty cool!
 
I'm really struggling with the language right now. So many things to learn in so little time. Some days I feel unstoppable, and some days I can't do a single thing. But it all comes back to Heavenly Father, and that He is there to help me with ANYTHING. I don't know if you have seen it yet, but Connie took a video of me bearing my testimony in Russian. I hope you like it! Even though my companion is a million times better at bearing his testimony.
 
This week has been a week of answered prayers! So every day last week, Ct. Grover and I walked into the MTC store and looked at a book named 550 Russian verbs. We would hold it in our hands, flip through the pages, and ask ourselves if we really wanted to buy it. But. Every time, we would leave the store without it. SO. On Monday, we were all sitting in class getting ready to head back to our residence halls, and one of our zone leaders walks in with a box. And guess what he pulls out? The book we've been wanting to buy! He threw it on the ground and said, "Whoever wants it can take it!" And of course, I was the first one to the floor... We now have that book, and we cherish every moment with it ;) Okay. The second prayer... Every week we have one devotional (Tuesday nights) and one Fireside (Sunday nights), and so far we have not heard from a single general authority. So last night, we had our Tuesday night devotional, and we usually get pretty good seats for it. We walked in, got our seats, and noticed that the projectors weren't showing us who was speaking tonight. Didn't think much of it. But then we noticed that the district presidencies were there, and they are pretty important people. This is when I got really excited. Anyway, to make a long story short (since I don't have much time on here), Neil L. Andersen came and spoke to us! It was so awesome to hear an Apostle speak to us missionaries. It was an excellent talk, and I enjoyed it very much.
 
Oh yeah, I need a ENGLISH-RUSSIAN RUSSIAN-ENGLISH Dictionary by Kenneth Katzner. So if you could send that to me as soon as you can, I would very much appreciate it!
 
Everything here is great and I'm going to go and find Elder Petersen now!
I love you all and I'm grateful for your examples to me. Pray, read your scriptures, and go to church! :)
 
-Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment