Monday, November 12, 2012

First Hair Cut




Writing emails is quite the chore! But it's good to be back at the internet cafe here in Chisinau telling you of my many mission adventures!

This week was full of "firsts". I cut my hair by myself, which surprisingly ended up looking not too bad! I finished my FIRST transfer, and I attended my FIRST baptism of a little 9 year old girl in our branch. It was a great experience to see how happy and excited she was to be baptized. Oh yeah! We also had a big celebration of 15 years since the first baptism here. They talked about how it all happened (which was really cool), had a slideshow, and then we ate a lot of Moldovan food!


I also went on my fourth exchange, yes, my FOURTH... and I've only been here for 6 weeks! I was with Elder Jones, who's been here for a little over a year, and we had a lesson with Alex and Marina together. We FINALLY got an actual lesson in with them, and it did not turn out very well. We planned on talking about families and reading The Family: A Proclamation to the World, but it ended up being kind of an argument between Alex and Elder Jones... One of the biggest problems Alex has is: "why does God let bad things happen to people?" Of course, a lot of people have this question in mind, but the answer is: it's not God's fault... It's ours. Many times in the scriptures God commands us to feed the poor, and clothe the naked; yet, there are still homeless people, and very poor living conditions throughout the world. So we tried explaining to him that God has put His trust in us to help these people, and that it's not God that's letting this happen, it's us. 

 
We worked on finding a lot more people to teach this week, so hopefully all the appointments we have set up will reveal some great investigators! By the way, I'm still with Elder Smith. They had some problems with Visa papers, so until that gets fixed, we're still together! I'm loving every minute with my companion, he's taught me a lot, and we get along very well. Sorry for the short email this week, but I hope the pictures will suffice.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

-Elder Farnworth

Scripture of the week: Romans 5: 3-4
 3 And not only so, but we glory in atribulations also: knowing thatbtribulation worketh cpatience;
 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:







Brian has always been a problem solver. He has some interesting ways of solving things. Looks like he's still using those skills on his mission :)




No comments:

Post a Comment