Monday, November 5, 2012

English Classes



Well the end of the world is next month.... Just kidding! Can't believe it's already November. And I bet all of you didn't know this, but they celebrate Halloween here! I had NO idea. We had a zone training meeting, and a very delicious lunch with everybody. But to start out my email, I would just like to inform you that I have a nickname... Everyone is now calling me Elder Fahrenheit. Funny story behind it, but that's for later!

English classes started up again! A ton of people showed up to the introduction meeting and the class that I teach only had 4 girls show up... The other classes had about 20 each... Unfair, but whatever! I'm really looking forward to teaching again, and trying to find more investigators. The weather is good though! I'm surprised it hasn't snowed yet... But count my blessings, right?! What are my plans for Thanksgiving? I have no idea... Probably a big dinner with the zone, but no one's talked about it yet.

A lot of hard work this week. I went on another exchange, and we talked to EVERYONE. Also, we were given some goals by President Hill in order to have more success in the mission. I don't know why, but I've had more stress on my shoulders this week than any other week on my mission. Reading this scripture made me think even more of the heavy responsibility we have as missionaries:

Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their awatchman:
If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and awarn the people. 
Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his ablood shall be upon his bown head.
 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not awarned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I brequire at the watchman’s hand.’

As for our investigators, Eugene is getting really close to a baptismal date! We had some really good lessons with him this week, and he came to church for the first time on Sunday and LOVED it! I'm so grateful for these tender mercies, and I don't know what I'd do without them... Sad news though, so because we're like our own little mission up here, President Hill calls each companionship and informs them of transfers. SO. This week he called us... Ct. Smith is leaving me and going to Balti (Belts), I am staying here is Chisinau and my new companion is Ct. Monroe. Ct. Smith was an amazing companion and I'm gonna miss him! But I'm really excited to work with Ct. Monroe. A BIG stress reliever was the opportunity we had yesterday (Sunday) to go to Brother Alto's house. He's from America and works here, but his house is an American PARADISE! He invited us over for dinner, and the first thing I saw when I walked through the door was a bowl of American candy, and chips and salsa... Oh boy do I miss America! But we had Chilli, cornbread, and the best apple pie I've ever had. Mmmmm!

The rest of this week will be filled with changing apartments and getting adjusted (again). I really do love the missionaries here. We're like a family, and even though the work is very stressful and hard, we support and love each other through the good and bad times. I wish you were all here to experience these things with me, but I hope you know that I love you very much, and can't wait to talk to you around Christmas! Tell Erica congratulations on getting her mission papers in! That's awesome and I know she'll bring an amazing spirit to wherever she goes. Who knows, she may even come here!
-Elder Farnworth

CHECK THIS OUT! BRIAN LIVES IN THOSE ORANGE APARTMENTS :D

No comments:

Post a Comment