Monday, March 11, 2013

What Matters Most

Hello family (and friends)! Just to let you all know, after 13 weeks, my apartment finally has a shower curtain. It was a glorious day, and It's funny how much my companion hates it.

I've been reading through my old emails... and I've decided that for this email I would like to talk about my investigators.

You all remember Aba (the guy from Nigeria)? He's back in contact with us! We hadn't seen or talked to him since the beginning of February, so we kind of thought that he just disappeared. So during companionship study on Thursday, a thought popped into my mind to call him as soon as I could... so I did, and after two rings I heard, "Hello?" HE ANSWERED! It was quite the miracle to hear his voice again. He told me that he had been out of the country for training, and had received our text messages, but could not respond because of the money it would cost him. So we met up with him as soon as we could, and had a great lesson about the Atonement and talked about 3 Nephi 9:13-14:

 13 O all ye that are aspared because ye were more brighteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may cheal you?
 14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will acome unto me ye shall have beternal life. Behold, mine carm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

We're still meeting with Vitalli and his family once a week on Sunday, and we just love going over there to teach them about the message of the Restoration and listening to their thoughts about it. They still haven't come to church, but we decided to show them the LDS.org site and the talk by Elder Holland "The First Great Commandment". I think this is the first REAL commitment we've given to them to help them progress towards baptism (we've talked about it a lot) and coming to church to bring the strong spirit that's in their home to the church. We told our English class that my companion and I only have a week left together, and let's just say they were as devastated as we were. So guess what we did? Taught our entire class the Word of Wisdom! It was funny to see everyones reactions, but it was also powerful to see how they understood what we told them. After we explained everything, we opened it up to any questions they had about our church or what we do. Guess what the first question was? "Do you have a lot of wives?" We were quick to answer with a no! I'm really going to miss everyone we're working with right now. I've made a lot of good friends, and we're not sure who's leaving Chisinau, but it's most likely me. If it does happen to be me, I've had a fantastic 6 months here, and I'll be back anyway (since we only have 3 cities)! 

We're having our first baptism in Chisinau since July and it's because of a lot of hard work from the Romanian missionaries: Elder Hollist and Elder Barney. It's great to see hard work pay off. Of course it's never us that does the converting, but it's us that does the finding. She had some lessons with us and the other elders about baptism, and this past Saturday she texted them and told them that she wanted to get baptized the next day! She has a date set, but there are more lessons to teach, she has to get permission from her husband, and she still has to be interviewed. It's a feeling like none other when someone has the desire to be baptized and follow the example of Jesus Christ and live by His teachings. 

I don't know how many of you watch Mormon Messages, but if you've never watched them, go watch Moments that Matter Most. Our mission made Mormon Message DVDs for all the missionaries, so lately I've been watching them when my companion is doing calls at night. It has a good message for everyone to hear, and it just makes you feel all good inside! So go watch it!

I'll end this email with a quote by Elder Russell M. Nelson, "Don't demand things that are unreasonable, but demand of yourself improvement." FOOD FOR THOUGHT. Love you all, glad to hear you're having fun in California, and I hope you always remember the moments that matter most.

-Elder Farnworth

No Pictures this week! Instead you get to enjoy some videos :)

Hello to Family :)

Drops of Jupiter

Showin off on the Piano :)

No comments:

Post a Comment