Monday, March 18, 2013

Zebra Companionship


Dear Family, I am pleased to annouce that I have been placed in a ZEBRA companionship as a District Leader for this next transfer....

Okay, that was a little weird. Want to know what a "zebra companionship" is? It's a companioship with two languages. My new companion is Elder Groberg, and he speaks Romanian. To be honest, I'm pretty excited to see how everything turns out since almost all of my investigators only speak Russian (which means that only I teach the lessons). I'm up for the challenge, but it makes me really anxious at the same time. As of today, I've been on my mission for 8 months, I'm the youngest one in Moldova, and I'm being put in a position that is really going to stretch me in every aspect of missionary work. It's great how there's ALWAYS something to work on. 

Anyway. I'm glad you were all able to see the videos that Lizzie put on Facebook! It's always fun to be able to get out of the missionary groove for a little bit and "sing a song", or "play the piano". Seems like you all had a lot of fun in Disneyland and Seaworld without me ;) Thanks for the pictures and stories!

As for investigators, we had two lessons with Elena. On the first lesson I was able to give my FIRST blessing in Russian. It was incredible. I can't really explain how it went, but I basically told her that she would find her answer about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. She was really struggling to find those answers, but later that week we had a branch party and she came up to us and told us that in the middle of the night that week, she woke up and basically received a confirmation that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. It really changed the way I look at Priesthood power, and how it works when we have the faith. Finding has been a little slow lately because of the transfers and everything that's been happening, so after that branch party, Elder Monroe and I decided to go knocking. First door we knocked this older lady let us in. She seemed to really listen to our message of the Book of Mormon, and I'll be back with my Romanian companion on Thursday to explain more!

I'm going to miss Elder Monroe. We've been together for a LONG time, and it's sad to see it come to an end.... But the cool thing about this mission is that we'll probably be back together next year! I've learned a ton from him and how to be myself and also a good missionary. He's now the Zone Leader, and it'll be fun to still work with him in a different way. I'm a little nervous about being a District Leader, but it'll be a good opportunity to learn from the other missionaries. Also, one of the Moldovan missionaries, Elder Peterson, ended his 2 years today. The Moldovan family is going to miss him!

Next week at this time I'll be with another companion, but still in good old Chisinau! I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week.

-Elder Farnworth

P.s. Pictures don't seem to want to work this week... sorry!

1 comment: