Monday, December 17, 2012

Knocking Doors Can Be Fun! :D





Hello family!

This week was even colder than last week, and it has been snowing a TON! It's no fun when it's windy either...
But this week was great anyway!

Knocking every night is becoming more and more normal (I honestly didn't like it at first), but I love it now! It's a fantastic way to find people, and cut to the chase about why we're here. I also had the most amazing experience of teaching my FIRST family this past week too. On this particular night, we didn't pick out a street to knock, so we walked to a random дом (apartment), went inside, walked all the way to the top (because we usually like to work our way down), knocked on the first door... no answer.... second door.... no answer.... third door... ANSWER! A father answered the door, we gave our spiel, he looked at us with a "why not!" look and said, "заходите!" (which means "come in") We were surprised because it usually takes about 20 doors before someone lets us in, but we gladly went in and sat down. To make a long story short, he has a wife and two daughters, the lesson was incredible and Elder Monroe and I could definitely tell that this family really loved each other and that they are very ready for the gospel. It's amazing what Heavenly Father can do with us missionaries when we're doing what we're supposed to do.

I finally got the package, and the assistant to the president said it was the heaviest package he's seen in a while. It was like an early Christmas! Thank you so much though! It's often hard to find something to eat when we're at home, so it's nice to have A LOT of snacks when we're hungry ;) Everything made it safely!

So I found out when I'll be calling. All the missionaries are doing it at the same time, so there's really not much I can do about the timing... So what I know right now is that I'll be calling you between 4 and 5 pm HERE on the 25th and in Hawaii it will be 4 or 5 am THERE. So be expecting a call Christmas morning VERY EARLY! ;) I would be very sad if I can't get a hold of you, so I hope you'll all be awake! I'm very very excited to tell you everything about my mission in more detail, and to see all your faces!

I'd write some more, but I want to save some things for next week. I'm so glad to be here in Moldova at this time of the year, and for the amazing missionaries I get to work with every day. I'm coming up on my 6 month mark, and that means 1/4 of my mission is already done. I'm so glad I have 2 years to keep growing and learning. I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything. Thank you for your support and love. I hope you all know that I love you very much, and travel safely to Hawaii! I'll see you all on the 25th!

-Elder Farnworth


P.S. Would you please send my Kenneth dictionary up soon? I really need it! Also, how are Elder Chapman, Petersen, and Wheelhouse doing? Elder Chapman is coming up on his YEAR mark, and If I could email him, I would! But I can't... So it would be great if you could let me know how they're all doing. Tell the Chapmans hi from me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment